Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Hcim55

Another fabric aholic here......

how the stash was built - having the means to buy, buy, and then buy some more and a small amount of time to start many many projects and no tome to finish or make a dent in my fabric collection.

Why the three year break in sewing -lost my best quilting friend and all sewing coming to a complete STOP, only after adding all her fabric to my already over sized stash.

Why the return to sewing - because another very good friend pointed out that your best friend would not want this for you....and to each day spend 15 minutes in your sewing room.

What the steps were to get things manageable - each winter I committ to making one scrappy quilt, one new large quilt, and projects that will use up those beautiful fabrics that look best in bags and purses, and one kit, and to also machine quilt and bind all applicable projects. For me to have several different kinds of projects to work on keeps things interesting.

P.S. My first winter I was able to discipline myself to finish all started projects or if I really did not enjoy working on the project I donated it. I no longer visit quilt shops just to randomly buy fabric. I now visit quilt shops with fabric and project in hand and only purchase fabric that I need to finish a project.

Here's the funny thing.....when the piles started going away and fabric piles getting small and gone....at first it didn't feel so good...but now it does.lol