Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
CAS49OR

Seasaw that is a great site! I noticed in the comments many people remarked on the size difference, for example one woman said she wears a size six but according to the pattern she wears a 16. I haven't used many patterns but have found Kwik Sew seems to be the most accurate. Hubby's jacket pattern fit perfect going by the chart, as did a cotton shirt I made myself.

I know vanity sizing has got much worse, if I go to a thrift store and find old jeans they are the same size but the ones in the store sure aren't. I wear a smaller size than I know I really do judging by the labels in the store.

On the comments someone had a link to this method of pattern re-sizing, what do you think of it?
http://sensibility.com/blog/tips/how...ize-a-pattern/

I took a class with Glenda Sparling, who teaches "Sure-Fit Designs" and made a bodice that fits perfectly, it was made of muslin, and I have not gone ahead and made a shirt using the method, but she taught us how to measure very similar to the site you shared. I need to do measure again since I've gained 5-7 lbs. since then.

GagaSmith I was thinking getting a doll and dressing her would be a great way to gain sewing skills, but thought they would be small and hard to handle too. Your Granddaughter sure is lucky and will really appreciate the pretty clothes for her doll, maybe you can make them some matching outfits eventually?