Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I remember at my grandmother's house she had a pantry in a short hall way from dining room to kitchen. She had a curtain for a door to the pantry. It was dark in there and when we kids were acting up she would say I'm going to let the pantry troll grab you if you don't straighten up. We were all scared of the pantry troll and wouldn't go pass that curtain for anything. Even as we got older we were cautious about passing through there without thinking of the troll that was hiding and waiting to get us. LOL. That is what makes memories with every detail clear as a bell. All my sibling and cousins remember the pantry troll and knew to behave immediately. We didn't mess with Grandma. We all thought she was brave to have a troll in her pantry.
We had such a creature (the hippelkratz) in the basement in the furnace room. It only came out during Christmas. (YES, I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO) In reality, it was my grandpa scraping at the heater vent but when you are little and you have an imagination........