Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Stitch124

Again -- thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. We had the carpets cleaned yesterday and the sewing room carpet, which is builder's grade and 20 yrs old), didn't come as clean as I'd hoped so I convinced my DH that it's time to bite the bullet and laminate the floor in both spare bedrooms. Yeah! He is always trying to find ways to pinch pennies and even though I am a practical person by nature, these carpets are just not worth keeping any longer. He finally said, 'I've been thinking, this room really means a lot to you and you've waited a long time for it, so just buy what you want and we will make it happen. You deserve it.' How sweet!!!!

So the room is light green and the laminate is maple colored. We found an awesome deal on Craigslist for a 5' wide kitchen cabinet and white formica top for $50. It's got 3 drawers and shelves underneath. It's painted a milkpaint light green that compliments the walls perfectly. I also found an awesome sewing table set up to make for $112. So as soon as the laminate goes in we can start building the table. Pics to come.