Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM
urgodschild2

Mailing internationally. From the USA it depends on what you put the item in. If it is in a box it can cost more then putting it in an envelop. When I mail packages to my gk in Australia i use a regular box. If I buy the special boxes at the post office the postage will be sufficiently higher. For example...at Valentines day I sent their cards and candy in a box. The candy made the box weight more. If I put it in the express box or the other one....can't think of the name the charge would have been over $70. For $10 dollars worth of merchandise. But sending it in a regular box it was only $33. Quite a difference. You might wonder why I didn't send the money but they don't celebrate Valentine day like we do here and so the candy does not exist. Conversation hearts. When I send my DQ it cost me under $10 to send in a squishy envelop. So it is wise to check it all out and see what is cheaper. I had a really neat PO worker who would tell me which was less expensive but she has retired. SIGH. I always send their holiday cards in one envelop because once I sent them separately and the youngest did not get his unitl three days after the older ones. Lots of sad feelings over that. so they all go together.