Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post

On the comments someone had a link to this method of pattern re-sizing, what do you think of it?
http://sensibility.com/blog/tips/how...ize-a-pattern/
A quick glance at that site, I would say it might work well on a pattern that isn't close fitting (clothing made to fit sort of lose) but if you were doing a pattern that was form fitted, I'm not sure that it would work as well. Some of the things they showed would work, like the adjustments for shorting or lengthening but dividing the pattern up like they did, I think would not work as well with some fitted patterns.

I could be wrong about that because I have never seen or done altering their way. Maybe some one else here has more experience with that then I do.

Most of the patterns that I did back in the day were ones I drew up myself using a pattern that was general in size and altering it as needed to fit each person. I worked with young girls that would have a size 20 breast, a 12 waist and maybe a 14 hip. So I would get a pattern to accommodate their breast size and alter the other areas down as needed. For me it was easier to reduce the other areas, rather then enlarge the breast because most of the shirts or jackets they would wanted a tailor fit. I hope this makes sense.