Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Thanks memereof8 [memere = grandma in french?].... my daughter used to call our son mey-mew [his name is William] she was of course very young!!

Cindy - havent finished the corner...procrastinating? actually I leave hand sewing to the evening and will be tackling it shortly - after washing dishes and maybe finding a quick square or tri to at least begin by machine... YAY!!!! here is BR13.... with some construction pics.... another method of course - no PP here and it was extremely quick!!

cut two strips of background and one of print slightly wider than 1 1/8" by 9" long and sew the background to either side of the print. make a small template of section of the diamonds to determine the angle you need to cut four sections of three. Make your first cut and each successive cut a slightly generous 1 1/8" apart [refer to my pics].

match the corners of the print and join the sections with 1/4" seams. uggggg - I lost pics and more writing...I've been hitting the shift key while hitting caps I think....something and a whole section disappears - totally my fault!]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]400419[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]400420[/ATTACH]you will see I only show 3 sections but I cut my strips only 7" long - that's why I tell you 9"]

Next cut a piece of print 6 1/2 x 2 5/8" - press [DO NOT IRON!] the diamond section and trim 1/4" from the points on both sides. Look at the picture and add the base print section to one end.

Next, I drew a very basic tracing of the outline of the bottom sections of the book pattern so that I knew how much the sides needed to be trimmed.
Make a template of both top triangle sections of print and cut the pieces adding 1/4" seams all the way around. Attach the larger triangle to the top of your bottom section - making sure you match the center point of your base with the center of the middle background triangle, add 1 1/2" x 7 1/2" strip of background to each side. Straighten the base using the top seam of the print section as a guide. Using a ruler that extends at least as far down as that straight 'top seam line,' trim across 1/4" above the point of the triangle. Add 1" wide strip to each side of the small triangle and add to the very top in the same manner described.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400424[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]400423[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]400425[/ATTACH]

plugging along..... really really want to finish!
Gus
Attached Thumbnails dj-br13a.jpg   dj-br13b.jpg   dj-br13c.jpg   dj-br13e.jpg   dj-br13f.jpg  

dj-br13d.jpg   dj-br13g.jpg