View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16 AM
pamesue

[Also check with your bank about any services they may have. My bank offers a separate "free checking' account. If you have an account with them you can open another account with a separate number and card like a credit or debit card. You can check what your balance will be for an online purchase then go to the bank online and move that much money into the account and go back to the online site and submit the order. This way there is only enough in it to cove the payment. I did try this but I would use it so seldom that at one point I had a dormant fee. Banker waived it the first time and suggested I use it for a small purchase every month, such as a cup of coffee just to have an activity so it wouldn't be dormant. But I cancelled it after awhile as I just didn't use it often and didn't want to have to keep making sure I used it in between online use. If I didn't want to use my other one for online I think I would just get one that was only for online.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

I have a dump account with my bank and have no fees what so ever. I make my purchase on line, then transfer the money. It works great. no extra money for anyone to get.