Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 AM
debbieumphress

Originally Posted by np3 View Post
I had dreams about this all night. I had lots of quilting themes, including replacing the snake with lace or Ric-rac like they put on the bottom of her dress. Voodoo doll using flower head pins.

Then my mind turned to cartoons from the 50s and 60s, you know the non-violent nice stuff. lol I had an ACME safe dropping on her. Elmer Fudd was aiming his rifle at her. Tom was chasing her down like he does Jerry.

We'll plan a wake as soon as you return from Germany! Have you watched Monsters Inc? Cute animated film. Lots of monsters in those closets to get ideas from. You could make it's skin quilted patchwork. How about a ghost whose white sheet is replaced with a quilt, with holes for the eyes, like Casper, another non-violent cartoon?
Mad, Mad, you are Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish you were home from Germany sooner so when I go to retreat in California in May you could be there. We'll miss ya....Had to come see what the to-do was......Let's see 4 to 100....That's a great score.
I have to admit ,I was one of the 6 original KSBS makers......It was done off the QB....
There are quilts in the museums and at quilt shows showing this theme...
You do have quite the imagination......
I'm sitting at the retreat in Van ALystyne and most of us read this and remember well.
Loved the part about killing off sam now too.....
It always amazes me the ones who come in and read and look and stay here to comment when they don't like it.....
Love the ones who took it for what it is.....a playful way to express yourself......
Hugs, Mad.....