View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Halo

Don, you said she bought the fabric for the quilt? Did she also buy for the backing, batting & thread? I have sold several quilts, but my prices are low for this area. The way I figure it is the total cost of supplies & double that plus add 20% to that. I also require non refundable half down before I even start it. That way, at least the supplies are covered if they try to back out. I have never had anyone back out so far. If someone ever brought me the fabric, what I would do them was to figure the cost of that fabric & go from there. I don't think the $150.00 is to much. I would be on guard, though, since she is already showing signs of not being satisfied with what you have already shown her. It would be best, if you decide to go ahead with this project, to make her chose the pattern too. That way, if she is not happy with how it turned out, you will be able to say you picked the pattern & fabric. Since you have already made a few samples & she is not happy so far, require at least half down before even starting her quilt & be firm about it. You have already spent valuable time making the samples for her.