Old 03-08-2013, 05:04 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I haven't had a whole lot of time lately. Someone quit with no notice so I've been busy. Then again last couple days I got a lot done after work. I have a Singer 301 that needs the shuttle pulled out and the rust cleaned off it - my sister might come and that will give us a project. There are all kinds of wiring problems, Glenn. I have one I thought had good wiring then I looked at the wire that was under the machine. Not so good - one brittle wire with a break. Always good to check and double check the wires.

Today I messed with the prettiest clone - it is a cream or butter color. The machine hasn't been used very much. I got it mostly cleaned up and got to the tension - it looked odd but I couldn't say what it was off the bat. So I tested it out. It would not sew. I took the tension off and reseated the spring and it went in to the holder a little better - looked better and felt a lot better. Minor change. So I knew I had it well adjusted. It would not sew. So I took the tension plate and all off a clone I know works real nice. It did the same thing. So I took the bobbin case off the good clone - it did the same thing. OK. Put it all back. Change the needle. Check for burrs. It would not sew. I noticed the spring in the shuttle was a little loose. I tightened it up and that machine runs like a sewing machine now. It sews.
B E A U T I F U L.

I also messed around with some 1980s Kenmore machines. Nice machines. Work great. I hope someone wants them. I'm needing to match up machines and cabinets and get rid of cabinets. 100 machines are one thing that many cabinets is a PITB.