View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Toni-in-Texas

Originally Posted by Totally Straight View Post
Nice space !!!!!

If I may ask....... What is that thing hanging above your machine ???? Is that for thread ????? If so, where did you get it ?????
I made one of the thread holders about 35 years ago and I'm still using it. I used one-inch plywood. You can make it any size you want so it will fit where you have room. First you cover it with a sturdy fabric, I used corduroy.

Then you start at the top and make a grid. Ever two inches, put a dot of marker or ink pen. Drop down two inches and put another row of dots, but this time stagger them between the first row. Continue down to the bottom. Then take 2" finishing nails (the ones without big heads). Nail them in at an upward angle so your spools won't fall off. If you are unsure about doing this, take a piece of paper and cover the board and do a pattern for your nails. This will work on large spools down to small ones. That's why I have them 2" apart.
Put a hook on the back and hang it on your wall.

Now if you don't want to make your own, you can still purchase them through Amazon, just enter "thread spool holder" in the Arts, Craft & Sewing section. They have several different ones.