Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Darn it all ... just wiped out all my comments and have to start again.
(and yes, I was running with the 2nd tab opened, and managed to kill it ... not a good way to start Saturday!)

Thanks Everyone ... for pampering me and my mouth!
Ever since my jaw/teeth/mouth have been achy, so I think he upset a nerve with the little bit of work he did.

Honchey ... Guess we'd better watch what we say ... now that you have a "following" IRL! I'm sure you are a wonderful teacher IRL ... thorough yet keep it relaxed, organized, clear and keep it calm. I somewhat parallel you to the OBW teacher I had. I just so enjoy seeing her when I am in the LQS. Nothing seems to get her in a flap! So ... are all these new PP graduates ready to Saddle Up??

QNSue ... hope you stayed out of the beer , and got your tidying up done before everyone arrived. Looks like you're having a grand weekend, with your morning check in!! Now keep it going!!

Anael ... fingers crossed for Bram going solo ... and Isa having a splish-splash very soon!

JeanieG ... ITA with JanRN, there's somewhat of a fun-factor in the brighter blue. The blocks look great on both, just depends on whether you want the fun-cheer-bright look or more of a classic with the darker one. I have a Fusions Mist that's about 1/2 way between the two, that I bet would accomplish both! The good news is that if you do switch to a different colour, you know you love the mis-buy and will use it. Of course, we are left to wonder if it was planned! Per chance does your LQS have the swatch chart that you could see IRL, and order from it? That's how I ordered my FWS green, from the itty-bitty piece, but at least I knew what I was getting!

GGal ... absolutely stunning! I can't get over how well the Stepping Stones blend the blocks together. The diagonal lines and oval stones really take away from the blocky-chunky look that mine will have in the traditional setting. Envious of your creativity!! Are your sashings just 1/2"? Was this your first big QAYG? I can't get over how straight your sashings are. One of the holdbacks I have with this method, as I know the inherent risk. Great job done on your part! And to think I have a SS/BB, to remind me of your achievements. Next project your BB quilt? ... some familiar BBs and some different ones!

MiraB ... So I was right! .... though I didn't expect it to be this machine! I was thinking more likely something long/mid-arm'ish! What tricks will she do? And what;s your story for your DH? hhmmmmm .... maybe you could shift the "blame" your DD. After all Daddy will be sure to fall in line with his DD?

CarrieM ... Looks like a good project to work on while at a retreat. Great colours, mixing your orange and purple ... but no green! How kind of you to make this for your friend.

And now ... I'm off to get my hair chopped, some errands and then back to sew. I have all my PC spare blocks done now, though I am contemplating a couple more which will be done today. Then that's the end!!!!!!!!!!

To My Mystery Pardner ... You have not been forgotten, as that now means that I will then be saddling up to make your Mystery Block this weekend! I know, none too soon, compared to the eager beavers in this group ..... I set myself the goal of finishing the PC before I shifted gears, and that I will. Besides I'm still ahead of the mailing date ... right?