Thread: First quilts
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 AM
CarolynMT

I have been sewing on/off for years, as long as I can remember. My mom is a seamstress and makes stunning clothes and heirloom dresses. Then I got laid off from work, about 5yrs ago, I had some fabrics, nothing too fascinating. So I stitched up a simple rail fence. HATED it, OMG I actually call the quilt "Rainbow Vomit" cause it is so darned busy. Decided I hated quilting too.

Then last year I ended up having to move in with my parents, sigh, cause still hadnt found a job. Mom does gorgeous work but I just dont have the patience to do clothing. I started watching shows with her about sewing, going to quilt shows and sewing expos, etc. got the bug and started quilting. Now about a year and half later, I am enjoying creating and making quilts. Below is a picture of my rainbow vomit quilt it actually looks nice on my chairs in my living room. For me, now, it is a humility reminder and a growth reminder. and the 2nd picture is the quilt I am working on now to enter a local show 1.5yrs after my true start. Boy have I learned alot about colors...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]400644[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_02281_zpsbf8f37dd.jpg   img_01831_zps501c7338.jpg