Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 AM
chris_quilts

Well, yesterday was my play date with the lady with the trapezoid sewing cabinet that houses a 15-91. I had thought that after doing some maintenance and a sewing lesson or two plus some cash, the machine was to be mine. I was wrong. I misunderstood her apparently. Not whining here just deeply disappointed.

She wants me to do a maintenance on her 8 - 10 machines and clean up those that need cleaning plus make sure they all sew and then help her with her living estate sale when she sells all but one of her machines. For this, she will pay me cash and I have 1st dibs on the 15 in the trapezoid cabinet. I left her house deeply disappointed yesterday. DH was happy on the other hand because we don't have another new machine in the house. So we have another play date set so I can continue to work on her machines.

My question is this: How much do I charge her for my time effort and knowledge? I am not a professional but I got her Kenmore 117-959 up and sewing yesterday which she had been unable to do. I do not know and am hoping for some group wisdom, guidance and/or suggestions from all y'all.

Chris