Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Honchey

Yes, QuiltE, your deadline as well as Mirabelle & JanieW are the 15th...The gals making blocks for the 3 of you also have a deadline of the 15th...you know who you are...I almost gave the names away!!!
I'm debating as to when I should schedule my appt with the dental surgeon...I would like to hold off until the middle of May...We're going to be in NC for the month of April maybe longer...I don't know what to do....

I think the most difficult part of teaching this class was reiterating how important it is to pin & flip the piece you are going to be sewing...I brought a few sample foundation papers for them to work on before sewing on the featured project.The one thing I had a problem with was that there was just too much socializing going on.. a 2 hour class ended up being 3.5 hours...I got stuck in commuter traffic and it took me almost 2 hours to get home.....other than that it was good..They really liked the way the points lined up and how nice the block looked...I gave them a few websites to get pping patterns...
I'm also going to be working next Wednesday...it's so nice to do that every once in awhile....

GGal, I really like the stepping stone block and doing the applique by machine makes it so easy..it definitely is in my future....just thinking about it I know where I will use it...I hope you don't mind...

Mirabelle, I have sewn on the Anniversary Singer and it sews very nice..the one thing I didn't like about it was that it doesn't have needle up/down..otherwise I would have gotten one myself... one of Vikings newer machines is the OPAL and I'm thinking of getting it..it's small to midsize with a longer bed for a small/midsize has everthing except the sensor system....You have to manually lower and raise the presser foot...after getting used to not doing that
it's a pain...
I think I'm going to work on one of the other "irons" today...either that or do some picking up around my machine area...it's a real mess!!!!....
we're also starting to clear out some stuff from the room upstairs and bringing it to the recycling center...
The sun is shining so brightly it makes me want to get up and do something...so I guess I will..H.