View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM
LollipopCorner

Default Advice, reviews, help! Long arm/mid arm

I've been looking at different long and mid arm machines and set ups. I really had my heart set on a Crown Jewel but the price is just a tad out of budget (to be able to get the other items I need too). I'd been looking at the HQ Avante online and found out it is the same machine and I found it for less. Then the bomb was dropped last night. Due to circumstances out of our control, my budget has possibly dropped even more. Suprisingly, I'm not devestated, just disappointed. So I need some advice. I've seen the Tin Lizzie in my budget, online but I don't know a thing about them. I've seen good and bad reviews. I looked several years ago at the Brother PQ1500S (straight stitch machine) on a Grace frame and have been thinking about it. If I got it, I would have a good bit of room in my budget for the other things but I've seen good and bad reviews on it. And there's the new Juki, I could get for $7500 but if I understand correctly you can only do free handed quilting on it and I don't know that I'm ready for that.

Just FYI, I've always been a Brother and Babylock kinda gal. I've had a couple of Singers but my BLs and Brothers have been my faves. I have no experience with any other machines so feel free to advise on any I'm not familiar with. Oh, and please share if you know of any place that sells used machines.
Thanks and God Bless!
Paula