View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Blackberry

Default Singer 66 Turned Into Hand Crank

I have been wanting a hand crank singer machine for some time but just couldn't afford the price for them as listed on ebay and wasn't lucky enough to find one on CL so one day as I was reading on QB under the Vintage Section someone posted wondering if you could turn a treadle into a hand crank. Well this sparked my interest so I read the post and then hurried downstairs to the garage to see if my 66, which once was a treadle, then made into an electric had the two necessary things. Yes, it had a spoked wheel and yes it had the screw hole below the wheel on the machine base. So I was so excited, I continued to read the replies and then went to the sew-classic website and ordered my hand crank. We finally got it all together and here are some pictures. I have started piecing a basic 16 patch block and I am having so, so much fun. Now, I am so happy that I don't have to do all of my quilting this way because my arm is getting so tired that I have to stop often and rest it. And, of course, I have to provide extra lighting as there is, naturally, no light. I have several vintage machines and I think I am now finished with collecting them. Well, maybe!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails singer-66-turned-into-hand-crank-1.jpg   singer-66-turned-into-hand-crank.jpg   lauris-singer-hand-crank-sewing-resized.jpg   lauris-singer-hand-crank-sewing-014.jpg   lauri-piecing-quilt-hand-crank-singer-resized.jpg