View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:32 AM
beachlady

For all young mothers and mothers to be........

Head line in Rochester NY newspaper - "Mother lets child loose on St Paul Blvd."
I was 3 1/2 and had to have a bath everynight BEFORE dinner. We lived in a neighborhood and played outside all day long - I was a tomboy. I came home for my bath - stripped to my undies and My Mom said it will be just a minute....so off I went and got Ricky and told him we should go down the street and meet our Dads at the bus stop. Off we went.... to St Paul Blvd......(me in my undies) I saw a bus coming and ran out in the street and was hit by a car.....Ricky ran home and told my mother what had happened and that I was dead! My poor mother!!! I think the car ran over me and I was tumbled underneath, but I did not make contact with the tires. Did not break anything - tons of scrapes and bruises and I had a concussion. When ever I came home for my bath after that my mother stopped what she was doing and gave it to me!! And I was never allowed to go near St. Paul Blvd again!!! And my father wasn't even on the bus I was running to meet!

If that happened today - a dirty child in undies - hit by a car because Mother wasn't watching her .... I would have been raised in a foster home.

Another time I decided to climb out my bedroom window which was on the second floor, over a driveway - I was about 2 - I took the screen off and climbed out and was hanging when the neighbor called my Mom and told her what I was doing..... I was climbing back in when my Mom arrived back upstairs!