Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 AM
cbjlinda

I have a small table right now and used to have the six foot one. I miss it! I do however have a rolly chair. they are very reasonible when you find them at office supply stores on sale or at wallmart. I would go crazzy without it " I used to have a dinning room chair and hated it because I couldn't move from side to side. I am in the process of cleaning my sewing room and having my hubby put together a new cutting table for me. if I knew how to add pictures I would show you where I got my inspiration. ohhhhhh just remembered that I posted a picture of it on my blog so if you to the blog addy at the bottom of my post you can see the one that inspired me. Hers is my ideal but I don;t have a large enough sewing room for that one so am downsizing it to fit my room. can't wait untill its done.
Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant View Post
Hello, all. We're moving in about six months and, theoretically, I'll have a quilting room. Right now my machine is set up on a 6' folding table and it's fine. I don't have a wheelie chair so I mostly stay where I am, pushing my machine back to pin pieces together and then pulling it toward me again to sew. We were going to sell our office desk until I realized it would be perfect for the sewing machine - it's a lovely, big solid wood desk. The desk has a pull out keyboard drawer that's set at the perfect height that I can cut a hole in the desk and set the sewing machine in the keyboard tray, modifying it to make the drawer secure of course.

And here's the question. I move my machine around a lot, but I think that's because my chair doesn't have wheels and it's not easy to slide down the table a couple feet to do pinning. Would you prefer your machine inset or on top of your sewing table, and why? I can definitely see how it would help with FMQ. Thoughts?
thanks!

Last edited by cbjlinda; 03-10-2013 at 04:15 AM.