View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:24 AM
cbjlinda

I think you can always use a larger sewing room no matter what the size is we tend to fill them up. I have a small bedroom and it could be a little larger or at least have more closet space. I think a lot of it is in the way you set it up. go to my blog at the end of this post and take a look at the cutting table that I found on a blog . it is soooooo cool! I am in the process of installing one half that size now. if you think creatively you will be happy no matter where you are. unless you are young I wouldn't advise an attic sewing room unless of course you want to run up and down stairs all day long. I like being on the same level as the rest of the house. that way if I am in the middle of doing laundry ect. I don't have to wear myself out running back and fourth. I work durring the week so have to be a multi tasker. you also need to know if you plan on having a long arm quilting machine. if that is a possiblilty you will definately need a large sewing room. If you use a family room "does it have a door where you can close it off from company when you don't feel like cleaning up your fabric mess? if so either one would work. I have a bedroom off my living room without a door and I am constantly having to straighten it up for company. If hubby is going to be in there too maybe the family room would be a better option. good luck with whatever you decide.