View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 AM
wolph33

Originally Posted by k8edu View Post
Well said Chris! I came across this site yesterday in my search for bolt pricing and saw that there was a wealth of information floating around and likely to be at least a few people willing to help a newbie like me! I appreciate those who did! It was a last minute thing as I walked out my door for a weekend with my sisters. Not that I need to explain myself, but I had a legitimate reason for asking.

I have 2 sisters, we're in our late 20's and early 30's. We all sew, we're all crafty, and come from an extremely artsy/creative family (mostly educators, except for me, I'm the black sheep in medical sales). One of my sisters has 2 children, for which she has a hard time finding cool, modern clothes, blankets, burp cloths, etc. We've always gone to craft shows and said, "we should do this" so....we finally are. Our generation isn't interested in the things at craft shows that were cool in 1992. We want colorful, bright, polka dots, chevron, modern, but still cute. We are doing a few shows to test the waters and may go online, but we're starting at the local level first. We are spending the weekend, piecing together our business plan and making decisions. We are still in the process of getting our tax ID (SO a pain in the butt, btw. If anyone out there can help us with tax ID's, LLC's vs. partnerships, etc., preferably in Pennsylvania, we will love you forever!). With that being said, of course Riley Blake can't discuss pricing with us until we have that done. See the catch-22 there? Being the perfectionist that I am, I wanted to be as accurate as I could as I was laying the numbers out for the sisters. So....there you go. NOW you know me, you know my story, probably more than you ever wanted to know, and hopefully provided you with a legitimate reason for why I was asking. Thank you again to those who helped. I am the quilter of the group and I've seen some interesting posts as I was skimming the site. I look forward to reading more when I have some spare time!

Cheers!
Katie ☺
well I am happy for you.good luck on getting into quilting/crafting ,etc.There are a lot of younger people getting into homemade trendy items-and they have more modern tastes and there are plenty of modern fabric designers out there.