View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Cowbelle

Default Back for more help - 401A

Thanks to several of you, I've got the 401 clean and everything moving. Yesterday I started trying to put the top tension assembly back together - it was apart when I bought the machine. I purchased new springs for it, and with online instructions in hand, did my best. However, I am missing the "stop washer with an extension". I checked with Sew Classic, and she only has a complete new assembly, which would sound like a perfect solution, except that it has to be modified for the 401. Has anyone used that? I'm concerned about getting it modified correctly. Looks like something a machine shop would have to do. I know this is getting a bit technical, but so many of you have so much experience and are so willing to help, that I thought I'd ask.

Also, I did not take out the main "stud" which everything revolves on. When I line all the small part up on it, the indicator (G5) with the + and - signs is not straight up as it should be. Should I take the stud out and try to get it lined up? Thank you for any help you can give me!!