Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 AM
FroggyinTexas

I so agree with this! When I meet people who won't buy anything other than LQS fabric, I am reminded of "The Emporer's New Clothes." I was at a quilt shop recently where one of the fabtrics in a sample quilt was a staple of JoAnn's collection. I recognized it because I keep it on hand for sashing. Give us all a break and buy fabric based on how it feels and how it looks instead of where you bought it. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
The salespeople at LQS will give you one version of the differences, fabric reps will give different facts, and JoAnn's/WalMart will give a third version.....LQS wants you to believe that their fabric is the best and the only place you can get good fabric.....I know from shopping at all of them, that you can get good and bad fabric everywhere....you have to feel/look the fabrics to know....I cannot afford the pricing at LQS, so only shop there if I can't find what I need at a cheaper price somewhere else.....I am very satisfied with the fabrics/pricing from Connecting Threads....I get free shipping on $50 orders and who can't spend $50 when making a quilt?