Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
I have the new nook and I really love it. I go to some of the free movie websites like tubeplus.me and watch tv shows and movies that I miss or forget to record. But, with that being said. I get more use out of the small TV/DVD combo I have in my sewing room. I can watch live TV or recorded stuff on my dish. The TV is so much bigger and not in the way as the nook can sometimes get. Plus, I have to use headphones with my nook to hear it better because the sound only goes so loud.
I have two Nooks the 3G one and the first color one. I love them both. Have had no issues with them and customer service is close by at a Barnes and Noble store so I dont' have to deal with the online stuff. Great customer service, lots of freebees, magazines are great in color and you can watch movies, digital mags, PDF's, etc. It does so much more than reading. That being said, if it's for my sewing room, I'd go with the TV. I have a very small 9in screen right now so about as big as my Nook but it's up on the shelf and I watch it all the time. You can watch TV and listen to music on it (which I can also do on my Nook) and its connected to the cable. I like having my nook with me to read, do magazines when I'm at a doc office or even playing lots of games. They have tons of apps avaialbe really cheap. The thing is, do you want it for on the go or in the sewing room; which is more important. If it's on the go, then the Nook, if not, the TV