View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Skratchie

Originally Posted by Ranchwife View Post
Don't know about mixing fabrics, but do any of your bridesmaids have their dresses? They wold be neat to incorporate in the quilt. I would do all the pieces in your gown and a bridesmaid gown. If you had lace, beading, covered buttons, they would be neat to beautiful to use too. You could always use fusible interfacing or another type of facing to stabilize the fabric. Pinterest had a quilt link that was made from bridesmaids dresses. It was beautiful.
The bridesmaid's dresses are actually a bit of a touchy subject for me. I had four, which were a friend, my sister & niece, and my daughter. While everyone agreed on the dress, only my daughter ordered the one that was chosen. Everyone else waited until it was too late to order, and we had to go with off the rack dresses. So none of the dresses were the same color, and one was a completely different style to the other three. While I think using a bridesmaid dress is a cute idea, it's really not an option at this point. My entire wedding is a bit of a sore spot for me, actually, but it culminated in marrying a wonderful man, so in the end, I got exactly what I wanted - a great marriage.

I think I may just go buy some satin fabric in colors that are close to the colors we used for decorations, and the colors in the flowers I had. I'm just really nervous about all that satin! I've never really done a lot of fashion sewing, so I might need to practice some before I get started on the real deal.