Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Getting ready to do a little more sewing today... got BRC - first kite done! I will show the pic a little later.
I had finished J1 [2095] and J2 [2008] a few weeks ago. J1 was straight applique and J2 I made slightly differently than the other blogs - measured carefully and cut. You can refer to the post numbers in parentheses if you want to see what I did. I looked at J5, the other block for this week - it is so very similar to A10 -remember?? J5 has no melon in the center square - and the 'arrows' are longer and have a pointier 'base' attached to the center square. A10's arrow bases are very slightly curved, almost flat. J5's arrow bases actually look like points - no curve.

If you do use one of the blogs to make yours, I will suggest not bothering to make those little 'flaps' of background like thatquilt, but simply sew background around the center. The other way is the way it will look finished, but you will need to applique the arrows to the top anyway, so it is an extra step.

Gus
[thought I should write something, since no-one has commented since sewNso did couple days ago .... so awesome about your near completion of Jane #2!!!! WOW!]