View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:51 PM
wraez

My hubby went in for stents but ended up with a quint bypass and valve repair. So I understand your concern about eating healthy.

First I recommend reading this gal's blog, she is a nutritionalist and has great healthy recipes, no sugar, low carb. My fave dinner recipe is zucchini alfredo ... yummmy, the alfredo is rich and creamy and zucchini 'noodles' sub for pasta, it is quick and easy to prepare about 20 minutes total. I add left over chicken for protein.

http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/

If you are looking for any particular recipe you want to 'healthify', type it into her search window at the top right, or look down the right side column for topics in her blog. Type in zucchinin alfredo for her recipe. She is also on Facebook at Maria Mind Body Health. she's written a number of books ... I have 4 and want her 2 newest.

She has a fabulous recipe for a no sugar, low carb 'sub bread' (I don't add the celtic salt that she recommends) and make it for hamburg buns, sub buns, and calzones.

Don't know if you saw the Drs. tv show recently but they were saying that SUGAR is the major culprit to heart disease more so than cholesterol. Seems sugar is really what we all need to cut out of our diets and the carbs, even 'good carbs' aren't that good for us!