Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
littledentist

Default Quilting big quilts with Bernina 350 PE or other small machines...HELP!

Hi ladies. I wanted to know what other people's experiences have been quilting with this machine (or other similar machines). I've only made about 3 quilts (all big-gish...about twin size) so I'm not a very experienced quilter. No matter what I do I feel like it is a tug of war btw me and the machine when I quilt, using a walking foot or free motion. I have tried using silicone paper over my machine which was nice while it lasted, ie. until my bobbin ran out and I tore the paper right off. I ordered the Sew Slip and I hope it makes some difference. But I look at tutorials of women with their hands placed on either side of their quilt and gently guide along quilting lovely patterns. Then there's me....picture one hand gripping (gripping until my knuckles are white!!) the quilt "log" on the right side and pushing and pulling with my left hand. There is no gentle guiding here. I try to keep the weight of the quilt off me and on the table but so far, quilting means war! Even if I'm near the edge of the quilt, it's not just when I'm in the center. Is it possible that these problems might really be solved with a machine that had 10" to the right of the needle? All thoughts, comments and suggestions are VERY welcome!! Thank you!

Last edited by littledentist; 03-10-2013 at 04:16 PM.