Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
CAS49OR

I have not used Unique patterns. I have attempted to make a duct tape dress form. Hubby was my assistant. I got sick from the fumes but we had a sort of dummy. I chose to include my legs, individually wrapped, and had on nylons below the tape so the form shrank up, duh! I'm going to buy some Capri pants without so much stretch the next time. We are going to do it again, with the windows open. There are many tutes on youtube for how to make the dummy, the cool thing being it doesn't cost $200 and it is form fitting. We also forgot to X between my boobs so I squished them flat. That won't work when making a shirt!

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
Thanks for all the links (above.) Has anyone tried Unique patterns? I had their subscription and started with probably one of the hardest to fit: pants. Bad choice on my part. Unique came to a local show and had their body imager with them but I didn't have it done (custom made patterns with a scanned image of your own body.) I've regretted that. She was able to make comments about my body type that I wasn't aware of, for which I was thankful. You may not always be aware of certain features of your body type!

I also saw an article in Threads magazine about making a custom body form using duct tape. So curious, has anyone tried this? Was it helpful in fitting?