View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
ohmisslizzie

I am making my first regular style quilt for my sister for Christmas, I have always done rag quilting so this is new to me- I found the style of quilt I want to make and it has an online (confusing) tutorial, Im going to post a link so you understand my question.

My question is : The way this comes out it ends up looking like two twin quilts, I want the strips to flow across the middle so it doesnt look seperated. I hope someone understands what I am saying, I asked someone I know and she said maybe instead of doing it in 2 like instructions say to do four and cut strips shorter, but the way I read it - it is saying that you sew the two pieces together as in the top and bottom pieces - not the two sides???? Help, I really need to get this figured out- Im doing all homemade gifts for xmas and this one I need to get out of the way, also what do you reccomend for backing and filling? I want it to have a light fluff to it and be very high quality- I am using all organic fabrics, but the underside and filling doesnt have to be - I just want it to be good stuff!! heres my dilemma:
http://purlbee.squarespace.com/sunny-tied-quilt/

TIA FOR ANY HELP!!!