Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Lara122

okay, so i am trying to finish stuff! I finally got to buy some batting for two projects. Priority one needs its back done. #2 was ready to roll. I figured my sizes, bought my batting all together. #2 is 36 x 77 so I figured I could use one yard of w&n, because it was nicely wide. Of course, I laid it wrong when I cut it. So, I'll either have to piece batting for poor priority, or spend money I don't have on more. (the cut bit wouldn't waste, I have more tops!). Hmm. I decided to think about that later, and at least get #2 basted. Then put him up, worked on, and move back to number one. My backing is just a tad short. It is pieced, and 'arty' (?) and *so* close to being 'ok', but it isn't. I'll have to put more of something on it. Dig out those fabrics, see what I can find . . which end? blah blah blah. So - NO progress today. none.

Forced now to get to work on the backing for poor priority. It is a rail fence, with coordinated fabrics. Should I match the print for the seams? My quilt is too wide for one piece. I have enough length, though. Do I center the big piece and then add on to the top and the bottom? Do I worry about the direction of the print? I have learned from the board to tear, instead of cut. That'll be something else new!!
suggestions?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401099[/ATTACH] that is a pen cap, for scale on that print! ;0)
here is the top -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401103[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   20120510202351.jpg