View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
JanTx

Default leopard quilt - number 2

I make lap sized quilts for brides at our small church. Usually I just take whatever color I see on their registry - for towels, dishes, etc - and use that as a guide. For this bride it just had to be leopard. She ALWAYS has something leopard print on - a purse, a scarf, if nothing else. When I first heard she liked leopard I went with snow leopard and red - it's a great quilt - in my humble opinion - but not for a 23 year old college grad bride-to-be. It's for a younger person.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...g-t209705.html

That's when I noticed that what she always had on was the brown/black leopard so that resulted in this one. I make a lot of easy-peasy quilts and they find their way to our church high school grads, babies at work and at church, donations, etc so didn't mind starting over for this girl. I don't know her well, but I have known her mom for years so ... all good.

I've gotten to where I like the label on the front of the quilt as part of a block. Not always appropriate, but I like it on this one. I have a "Made by..." little tag on the back.

The little block is an idea I got from a quilt club meeting Saturday - take your leftovers and a dryer sheet and make a 6.5" block to someday put into a quilt with blocks of quilts I've made. Like the idea - don't know that I'll keep up with it.

Hope you can see through the fuzzy!
Attached Thumbnails img_1751%5B1%5D.jpg   img_1752%5B1%5D.jpg   img_1753%5B1%5D.jpg   img_1750%5B1%5D.jpg