View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Sewnoma

Default My newly redone sewing room!

I have a 10.5x10.5 bedroom that serves as my sewing/crafting/computer room. It's small and packed but I just spent about 3 days reorganizing and I'm so happy with the results!

Before: My sewing table has been a "desk" that I built by bolting a shelf to the wall. I made seventeen quilts in this cramped little space, and I fought my quilts the whole way.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401148[/ATTACH]

So I made this little area into my computer desk instead by adding a smaller shelf to hold my monitor...(which actually works surprisingly well since the desk top is batted and covered in vinyl, it's actually very ergonomic and comfy!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401149[/ATTACH]

And in the corner that used to hold my hulking, ugly, oversized computer desk...is now my lovely new big bright sewing corner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401150[/ATTACH]

Another shot (so you can see that I even have a station for my official quilt inspector!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401151[/ATTACH]

I redid my cutting area a little bit too - this is a dining table that I raised up on those feet designed to make storage space under a bed; the new additions are my lovely new rails to hang my scissors and rulers from (they're kitchen organization rails from Ikea - perfect!), and I added a wire shelving unit under the table to organize my batting and pillow forms. (The curtain to the left is my closet; I took the doors off so I could get into it better with this table partially blocking it.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401152[/ATTACH]

I don't have pictures but I also completely reorganized all my stash into nice Sterilite drawer-bins and got my closet into a useable setup. This room has never been this well organized!

I just need to finish up a little bit of clean up and cord management and then I am so ready to make some LOVELY new quilts!
Attached Thumbnails old_sewing_station.jpg   new_computer_desk.jpg   new_sewing_station1.jpg   new_sewing_station2.jpg   cutting_table.jpg