View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM
QuilterMomma

Default Breast cancer quilt

Thank you 2013 Sister UFO Thread. I had some suggestions an Fraew sent me a photo of the chimneys/cornerstone log cabin blocks. I adapted it into my setting so I could get these blocks to work a secondary pattern. Roberto Fabuloso and I traded embroidery for quilting for the breast cancer embroidered blocks, which are absolutely beautiful, and a couple trips thru the stash, nothing found, DH went to LQS in CDA, ID, not quite a match, then to the sale rack at the other LQS I shop and teach, and score! Found the some border fabric which then became the outer border and sashings, the pink came fromt he 30s fabric selection, and then the green and rose from the other floral section of the store. Had several ladies helping me because I am not a pastel person. Love the result. Did a panto called Meadows with dragon flies and butterflies, with rosebuds. Blended in so nicely. Used a soft white So Fine thread. This is going to a lady who is going thru breast cancer right now, my DH cousin's wife. So worth the work for someone who has to go thru this horrible disease.
Attached Thumbnails dee-whole-quilt.jpg   emb-block-2.jpg   emb-design1.jpg   setting-block.jpg