View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
sailsablazin

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
How could a parent do that to a child! I am so upset for him. Sorry. Just venting. I nearly lost one child from extreme prematurity and my second son has muscular dystrophy. You could not pry either of them away from me ever no matter what! I am so glad you and the grandparents are able to show this boy some love and attention. Sounds like he will need a lot from what was lacking before!
Living with 2 rebellious teens right now....I will NEVER judge another person who is going through this.

My sociology professor from way long ago once said, "Do not judge another man until you have walked the path of life in his moccasins."
I printed out that saying and kept it above my desk for many years.

Teens can be totally defiant and make life extremely challenging (to be polite). No one knows what those parents have put up with or how their efforts to guide have been rejected.

I don't mean to get on my high horse, but it sure is not easy living with defiant teens. It takes every ounce of strength and effort that we can muster here. Time will help them see how much we love and care about them, but until that time...life can be a living nightmare.

Maybe that is why I escape into th QB every night..