Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
kay carlson

Well, my computer didn't crash and burn. DH bought me a new laptop and I am going from Vista to Windows 8 which means a learning curve. I can't access the old Hotmail account and my regular Outlook account didn't transfer. I have emails saved in files. Grrrr. This will eventually work itself out, but I'm running short on patience at this point.

My other big problem is that the "geek" didn't transfer my MSworks program and all of the wps.files he did transfer can't be read. All in all, I have spent too much time cleaning things up and learning the new system --- which translates no sewing. Should I invest in the student edition of Office 2010????? It wasn't bundled on this purchase, which was a mistake.

One step at a time, Kay. Slow down and count your blessings.....many persons would love to have a new laptop!
I really am a creature of habit now and was very comfortable with the Vista. Oddly enough, I was the person teaching men and women how to use the microwave oven in the early 1970's and was very excited about this new appliance. Yes, we were still using carbon paper for letters typed on electric typewriters..... Ouch!

I'll drive over to the train depot and hop aboard to meet you... I'm bringing homemade cream puffs filed with freshly whipped cream. The two toppings are hot fudge and thick butterscotch caramel.

Last edited by kay carlson; 03-11-2013 at 07:50 PM.