View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Sewnoma

Not the blue kind, the standard white kind that says "washable" is the one you want. (The blue might work too, I don't know; but the white kind definitely does)

I actually glue basted a king size quilt this past weekend - first time I've used it for the quilt sandwich rather than just for binding. I taped down my backing fabric on the floor, laid out the batting then folded half back and drizzled glue all over. Spread down that half of the batting, repeated for the other half. Then laid out the top, folded half back, drizzled glue, smooth down, repeat for the other half. Then I just let it lay there for a half-hour or so and then sewed it all up! Worked great, except I used a bit too much and it soaked through a little and left little hazy dots on my floor, LOL. But no worries...came right up with a damp mop (it's a laminate floor - would have been worse if it were carpet but still wouldn't have caused any permanent harm). I didn't notice the glue in the quilt at all when I was sewing and I know there were a few spots that got sort of big blobs.

For that huge quilt (it's a full 10 feet square) I used about half of a 4-oz bottle of glue. I stood on the quilt and just drizzled a fine stream in random loops and swirls. Worked great!