Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 AM
CindyA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401459[/ATTACH]

Kite - Top Left Corner. I'm deviating from the schedule to get all the kites done at once. I like your idea, Gus, of using the same fabrics for all four kites and am worried if I don't do them now I won't be able to locate the fabrics when the time comes!! This picture was taken before I had the nerve to trim to size. I did trim it, but I think I'm 1/4" too large. Better too big than too small, right? I'll take care of that later. I'm a little disappointed, do you notice the lone hex (at the top of the kite)? It's so close to the seam that it's almost caught in the seam. Also, the inside (background) tiny triangles on the edges of the center block area (the outer edges of the nine hex area) are cut short, and the outer four corner areas are completely cut off? I worked very carefully, basting carefully along the way. I followed auntreen's instruction to trim the center area to 5 1/8." I wonder if somehow I made the hexes slightly too large or perhaps should have trimmed that area to 5 1/4." Oh, well, I am happy with the center of the hex area.
Attached Thumbnails kite-top-left-corner.jpg