Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
i cut lots of 4.5 inch blocks for another quilt. i usually have 3 or 4 i am working on. in fact 2 queens will be made out of the 4.5 inch blocks. --2 more of paint me judy's mystry train ride.
then i have enough friendship stars made to make a quilt.
and i have enough houses from a BOM cllub a couple years ago. thx to sulabug
etc, etc. like everyone else. But jane2 grabbed me about a yr ago, and i worked on her real hard.
and the BOM stars quilt from a couple yrs ago, just came back from the LA and needs a binding.
i am retired, so have the time to do whatever i want. soooooo quilting and grdkds is what i do as well as gardening, and canning. and i do the lawn. so try to do lots of sewing in the winter, then during the summer i will work on hand quilting jane2.
what are you other ladies doing besides your jane?
I just put the binding on one of two quilts I got back from the LA. 'The Country Bride,' (applique) and a snowball with Amy Butler fabrics. I should make labels for both of them. I have another applique quilt that is in progress (the Piece O' Cake Christmas one) but I haven't worked on it in probably 2-3 years. I went back to school and put things on hold, yet somehow thought I should start DJ last January with this group!! What was I thinking? Maybe because the blocks are small? I sew on the dining room table so it has been a good project to keep organized in baskets and be able to clean them up when I need the table. I had it cleaned up and wasn't working on it in order to have the dining room for the holidays and to host book club and ladies game night. But DJ has taken over again, yeah! I finished school a little over a year ago and treasure my quilting time.

I also have other quilts in progress, we got two new dogs, and we go to our sons sporting events (he plays something during every season.) We have a small garden, so starting to think about getting out there and doing a spring clean-up. My husband does the lion's share of the garden and yard work. I do a little canning, and would like to do more this year. I just took a jewelry class, but quilting is my true love. Oh, and that working thing. I love my hour of quilting in the mornings before I leave for work. It's a happy time of day.

Gus, I just went to the AOTH thread. The quilt is beautiful!! Is that group over? I don't have time to look at it all now, but have always loved your avitar.

Last edited by CindyA; 03-13-2013 at 03:50 AM.