Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Gabrielle's Mimi

I have a silverware caddy that I picked up at Target that I keep on my cutting table. It's one of those plastic containers that has 3 vertical holders for spoons, forks and knives on one side, and one holder opposite that to hold napkins, with a plastic carry handle. I stand my rotary cutter, small rulers, pencil, marking pens, scissors, etc. in it. I can even tuck some kleenex, my cell phone and other items in it. When I cut fabric I can just move the whole thing to another location.

For scissors at my sewing machine I use a small hook attached with a Command strip. I placed it on the right side of the machine, near the wheel. I use it to hang thread snips, not shears. Because I am so used to it being there, I can hang my snips right back up after using them without even looking. No more lost scissors!

For embroidery thread I use those clear plastic boxes with pins to hold the spools. I have my colors grouped. For piecing thread, which I often buy on the larger spools, I keep a plastic shoe box labeled "piecing thread." I have only a few spools like this as I tend to use mostly ecru, tan and white, not a lot of colors like for my embroidery.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gabrielle's Mimi; 03-13-2013 at 05:28 AM.