Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 AM
Hulalulu

My 42" quilting machine table has height adjustable legs, and is set so the sewing machine bed is at table height. The table will hold both my Sapphire and H-Viking S-21 Serger. They are both big machines. Both sit on placemats I made, so they slide across the table surface. The serger is often stored in a plastic box on the floor next to the table when not needed, allowing for a rotating cutting mat on the table next to the sewing machine while piecing. Do use a plastic machine extension when quilting -- would give it a solid "B" for ease of use. The table sits behind a large sofa, where a quilt can drape across while quilting. I'm so used to this lowered height that taking my machine to classes and having to sit it atop a table feels unnatural, really prefer to look down on my work. Agree with most of you that it's easier on the back and shoulders for the set-in height. The odd part of my set up is that my ironing board is upstairs -- yes, on purpose, makes me get up and move! Actually like "stepping away" from the machine and moving.