Old 03-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Elisabrat

ok I was reading an email that is mass sent by Luanna Rubins from E quilter and it hit a cord. Funny how things do that. I swear that was like reading my mind. I am going to post this little blurb hoping I dont destroy any copy write things since I am stating who originally wrote it but if I did beat me. I just wanted to share it. I bet I am not alone. it was part of a segment she wrote in her blog on why women quilt and how making quilts for say Hurricane Sandy or breast cancer play a roll too in our artisist world here goes:

Life is messy, and much of it is out of our control, but when you make a quilt you have time to sort it all out in your head, and by the time your healing quilt is finished, you've received a healing in the process of making the quilt. As women's confidence and freedom has progressed, we have given ourselves permission to use quilting and sewing as Art Therapy. Instead of feeling guilty about making art, we embrace the process as a journey of self discovery.

For me this is personal. I use it for personal healing. And never found such a great way to express it. its a process. Its funny cause most of the time when I get the flyers in email I skip the reading part and go right to what are the new fabrics today! or whats on sale.. now maybe I might read a bit more of what she has to say. guess the title jumped out at me.

ok onto fun exciting things. a balmy 64 today!!! tada!!!! oh yeah. And nothing to do but boom blocks or work on a Christmas quilt so boom it is. Christmas can wait another day til all those babies are out of the house. I think maybe we will see some pics here soon from VANOGAY...guess she is bored silly attending some stupid quilt show. yeah bored to pieces. if she shares what she bought there it might be worth it.. a little of this.. a lot of that.. some of this.. its a candy store for the eyes and well the bins isnt it? I head straight for the hand dyes. oh only 30.00 a piece? 20x30? SURE I need that one. sucker here for unique.