View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
paulswalia

I had a bag of scraps that I inherited from a dear friend who died December 2011 from a brain tumor. She left me her entire stash which is why I am on a fabric moratorium! The other day I picked up this bag which I have moved from place to place and decided to do something with it. Looked inside and there were hundreds of cut triangles, a light and dark one paired, right sides together, just begging to be sewn. Must have been corners cut off of snowball blocks or flying geese. So, away I went. Sewed 'em, trimmed 'em and ended up with lots of half square triangle blocks. Now what to do? Looked again in the bag and there were charms in coordinating colors. I like to think I finished this quilt for Julia - hopefully in the design she had in mind. And here's a "connection to the other world" thing. ONE of the blocks had the star points reversed - green, not white as I had made every single other one. Now why would I make a mistake like that????? Pretty sure she was saying - no, I had planned green star points!!!! So, I left it that way and put it in the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails memories-julia-e-mail-size.jpg