View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 AM
carolaug

I do the same, accordion, not rolled and I spray baste, no pins and have never had a problem with wrinkles or it comming a part...and the table on the left side makes a huge difference. I use to have table behind my sewing machine also. I need to get another one, it really did make a difference I was trying to save room in my small sewing room, but its easier with the table. I will invest in a folding table so that I can put it away when not in use. [QUOTE=ranger;5924134]
Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Just as an aside, it's easier to loosely accordion fold the quilt under the machine arm than to roll it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with Prism. I've wrestled a lot of large quilts through my DSM. I have found that rolling the quilt up never works for me. I just keep it pleated like a loose accordian fold. I also keep a table to my left to take the weight of the part of the quilt that isn't under the machine. It does involve wrestling the quilt around...my upper arms get tired and I sometimes turn the air blue but I get it done.