View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:39 AM
QuiltingKrazy

Default Any Cavalier King Charles owners??

Hello ,

We have a Blenhiem Cavalier about 15months old. Love the little guy so much but.... his jumping up like he is on a pogo stick when he gets excited is driving me nuts! I seriously need to video tape him jumping and then add a pogo stick to the video and I am sure I could win some money for cutest dog video!!!!lol

My problem is right now I have a severe ankle sprain and I am walking on crutches. When I come home after work he is SO glad to see I can't walk up the steps because he is jumping and won't stop!

When we get ready to go for a ride, he jumps and jumps until I get near the truck then he finally goes and jumps at the truck door. He has a calm nature until he gets excited about something then you would think he was on speed or some hyper drug.

My question to anyone is.... How to do train them not to jump? beisdes picking them up ! lol

Any suggestions will be welcomed! He does know basis commands sit, stay, wait, until he gets excited then he forgets everything! It may be just a small dog syndrome I dunno!

Thanks