Thread: Curved Seams
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
quilter2090

I,too, have the CurveMaster foot and I found that my 1/4 inch with guide foot works better. I pin the end of the block and the center of the block. I don't use more than 2 or 3 pins. Put the fabric under the needle, adjust the fabric and start sewing. Sew slowly,adjusting as you go. When you get to the center of the block,lift the presser foot but keep the needle in the fabric. Put the bulk of the fabric to the back of the needle, lower the presser foot and start sewing slowly again. When you get to the end of the block, make sure the 2 fabrics match and sew off the block. A drunkard's path block is not a block that you sew through at high speed, but, it really isn't that hard to sew. Think of the sense of accomplishment you will feel when you complete one. If you have access to Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting, they have some very good advice for dealing with curves. Like I said, it really isn't hard to sew, you just have to sew slowly and adjust the bulk of the fabric to the back of the block halfway through the block. I enjoy challenges and the feeling of satisfaction I get when I finish the task I have set for myself. Don't give up! I know some people pin the block every 1/4 of an inch to keep the block where they want it, but, I didn't find that I needed to do that. Just sew slowly, adjusting as you go and you will not have any problems. Good Luck!