Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Denise

Red face Triple Irish Chain, almost done, need help with border

HI everyone, I've been at this for about 3 weeks and it's starting to look really nice. I'll post some pictures to show you my wip. I drew out the blocks in my EQ 5 and with four small straight borders it should come out to be 83 x 97. My question is this.... the other day while I was sewing blocks together I came up with the idea to do a bird of paradise embroidery, which I have from embroidery library, which is for a 5x7 hoop. In the second block you can see the fabric is or looks like the bird of paradise flower. I'm just wondering if I should use a soft pink and darker pink to pull the color from the plant in block, and use it with the embroidery of bird of paradise for the border??? I just can't make up my mind. At first I started with just three rows for border, using the light and dark pink with some green. Anyhow, here's how it's going so far, hope you like my colors. Thanks in advance for any ideas. I'll also post a picture of the embroidery and the fabrics I've chosen. OH before I forget, dear friend Nellie, says I should make a ribbon border, I love that idea too, I'd do it with the embroidery in between ribbon. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, this is my first own quilt creation.
Attached Thumbnails fabrics-triple-chain..jpg   first-two-blocks-together.jpg   half-way-done-001.jpg   copy-copy-334988-fuschia-resized-4x4.jpg