View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 AM
quilter2090

First thing, you can quilt any size that you want, you just have to buy from the hardware store different lengths of metal tubing. I went to my local Runnings and bought the largest size they had and I will cut the tubing to fit my quilt. You put the Flynn multi-frame on a table and if you are quilting a queen or king sized quilt, you put 2 tables together. You measure the height of your sewing machine and then you buy PVC pipes to fit your sewing machine. When I bought my multi-frame, John Flynn has a DVD enclosed to set up the machine quilting frame. Also, Mr. Flynn has been on Fon's and Porter's Love of Quilting. Mr. Flynn demoed the frame and showed how to set up the frame and he showed how to quilt with it. I have neither the money nor the space for a longarm quilting machine, so I wanted a frame that I could assemble,put on a table,quilt and then disassemble. The nice thing about this frame is that you can use it for machine quilting or hand quilting. When you disassemble the frame, everything but the metal tubing and PVC pipe stores in a small box. The metal tubing and PVC can be stored in your garage.Mr. Flynn said that many quilters have different size metal pipe to quilt different sizes of quilts. There is a learning curve, but, as with anything there is always a learning curve. I have read some of the posts here about the Multi-frame that they hated it because they tried it once and didn't like it. Trying anything once and then quitting is kind of silly. Think of how long it takes to learn to write, to learn to ride a bike, to do pretty much anything. If you want to check out the DVD for the Multi-frame, go to Flynn's website and scroll down the page,and you can watch the DVD that I got when I bought the system. You can click on it and see if this is something you want before you buy.