Thread: Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
minstrel

Default Dilemma

My best friend got married back in December and her husband made this backdrop to go behind them when they said their vows:
http://rarelypins.com/2013/02/diy-we...s/#rssowlmlink
It is her second marriage and she has 3 kids, he has 2 and they have blended their family.

It has basically a love letter to her written on it. My problem is that she has asked me to make "something" out of it for her. I don't want to lose much of the writing. She wants a couple of pillows, and I thought I could make one with a pic of her and her husband and one with a pic of them and all the kids, and use the written part for the backing (her cousin was her photographer, so I have access to any of the pics I want). But that still leaves a LOT of this backdrop unused. I'm at a loss. I'd like to make a lap quilt of what's left, and she isn't as worried about losing words as I am, LOL, but still, it would be nice to have as much as I can visible in the quilt. Any ideas of patterns? Colors? The fabric was a good quality white muslin and black Sharpie permanent marker. All I come up with is snowball pattern, but that's not really getting me excited. :-/ Suggestions gladly accepted. TIA